- Haven Cottage is a short break residential unit in Boston, providing overnight stays to children and young people who have a disability.
- The service is provided by Lincolnshire County Council as part of its Short Breaks Strategy, and is a five-bedded, purpose-built home. We care for up to five young people at any one time, who have a range of disabilities and/or complex medical needs and/or challenging behaviour.
- These short breaks provide children and young people with the opportunity to engage in social experiences and activities away from their families and provides parents with a break from their caring responsibilities.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Theresa Clarke
- Contact Position
- Homes Manager
- 01205 361388
Where to go
- Haven Cottage
- PE21 0PX
- During their stay, each child will have their own personalised bedroom.
- There are two large gardens and two lounges for play and activities, along with a sound and sensory room.
- Internet access is available under supervision.
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
Haven Cottage is open every day and night except Bank Holidays.
- Referral required
- Professional Referral
- Referral Details
The service is provided only where an assessed need has been identified. Parents need to contact the Customer Service Centre (01522 722111) in the first instance.
- Specific age range
- All ages
- Staff at Haven Cottage work closely with schools, Health and social care teams to ensure consistency of care for each child.
- Haven Cottage is fully equipped to care for children with physical disabilities.
- Staff are trained in Manual Handling for safe care. They also receive training in managing challenging behaviour and specific health conditions.
- The service is available to young adults up to their 18th birthday.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (4-10 years)
Secondary (11-16 years)
- SEN Provision Type
This service is listed for your information. Its inclusion on the Family Services Directory does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Lincolnshire County Council. For more information, go to Terms & Conditions