The Promoting Independence project aims to respond to the needs and aspirations of young people between the ages of 16 and 25, who have profound or complex needs. Through bringing together schools ,colleges and providers working with young people and adults with special needs, it aims to support people to become as independent as possible, make a smooth transition from formal education into their adult lives and reduce their long term dependency on Adult Care and support.
Information and support can be made available to help young adults make choices about what they want to do in the future with regard to getting a job, taking part in voluntary work, finding day opportunities, taking part in activities, exploring opportunities for more independent living and staying healthy and happy.
Young adults and their parents or carers can be supported to find out about eligibility for adult care and support, personal budgets, direct payments and community supported living.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Margaret Reader
- Contact Position
- Project manager
Requests for information can be made to the following contacts working on the project in localities.
- Amelia Hynard, Sandon school, Grantham. Amelia.firstname.lastname@example.org 07718204575
- Nicola Fenton, New College Stamford. Nicola.email@example.com 01780767830
- Sarah Revell, Boston College. Sarahfirstname.lastname@example.org 01205 365701
- Lisa Smith, Grantham College. email@example.com 01476404394
- Julie Jackson, St Bernards school, Louth. Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org 01507 603776
- Linda Booth, St Francis school, Lincoln. Linda.email@example.com 01522 526498
- Stacey Tutty, Lincoln College. STutty@support.lincolnshire.ac.uk
- Annette Gathercole, Linkage college Annette.firstname.lastname@example.org 01472 372311
- Specific age range
- Ages 16 - 25
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Transitions to Adulthood - Push to second line (16+)
This service is listed for your information. Its inclusion on the Family Services Directory does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Lincolnshire County Council. For more information, go to Terms & Conditions