Children and Young People’s Continuing Care
The National Framework for children and young people’s continuing care (March 2010 DOH) sets out a multiagency assessment process for children who have needs arising from disability, accident or illness that cannot be met by existing universal or specialist services.
The Continuing Care teams roles includes:
- Accepting/screening referrals for eligibility assessment.
- Assessing the health needs of a Child or Young Person using the Decision Support Tool and gathering supportive evidence.
- Deciding eligibility for Continuing Care via a multiagency panel process.
- Allocating a package of care to suitable and qualified providers available based on the evidenced health needs of a Child or Young Person.
- Reviewing/ reassessing the package after eligibility criteria are reached as per the framework recommendations.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Lynne Tybewski
- Contact Position
- Senior Manager CHC
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
However commissioned care packages are delivered 365 days/ nights per year depending on assessed needs
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 09:00 17:00 Tuesday 09:00 17:00 Wednesday 09:00 17:00 Thursday 09:00 17:00 Friday 09:00 17:00
- Referral required
- Professional Referral
- Referral Details
Referrals are usually but not always via health or social care colleagues.
- SEN Provision Type
This service is listed for your information. Its inclusion on the Family Services Directory does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Lincolnshire County Council. For more information, go to Terms & Conditions