Help with Searching
The search bar lets you search using any combination of category, keywords and location.
- Category - use this if you know the type of results you want to find;
- by Keywords - type one or more words to describe what you are looking for (e.g. housing);
- by Location - use this to find results which serve your location. Try a placename such as Godalming, or postcode (KT1 2DW or CR1) etc.
More Advice on Keyword Searching
Typing in a word or a few words into the Keywords box brings you back all entries that contain at least one of the words you have entered. You can also use special characters to limit your results more closely.
The plus sign (+) before a word means that each of the results must contain that word, so the example search below brings back only records results containing both of the words housing and advice, for example:
Using double quotes (") around your search words brings back only results that contain those words as an exact phrase, for example:
Using search filters
Once you have your search results, you may be able to improve them still further by selecting one or more of the search filters which are displayed in lists to the right of your results. These filters allow you to limit results by subject area (such as 'Money Matters'), and by user group (such as 'Carers') and so on. The more use you make of the filters, the more focussed your results will be.
Sorting your search results
You can change the sort order of your search results using the options that are shown in the section just above your results. Depending on the type of search that you have done, your results can appear in any of the following sort orders:
- Sorted by relevance (i.e. the best match to your search);
- Sorted alphabetically (i.e. in A-Z order of title with numbers first);
- Sorted by distance (only if you have done a full postcode search).
if you can't find the information or a service you are looking for you can also go to the Tell Us area and let us know. This will help us to understand any gaps in information we might have and we can also let our Commissioning Teams know if there is a gap in services. You can also email these comments to firstname.lastname@example.org