|1.||Returning Home||2.||Supported Lodgings||3.||Staying Put Arrangement|
|4.||Social Housing||5.||Private Rent|
2. What are Supported Lodgings?
Supported lodgings give you the chance to live in a home with a supportive adult. The supportive adult (lodgings provider) may be a family, a couple or a single person.
The lodgings provider will be provided with ongoing training by Barnardo's and receive weekly payments to cover the cost of hosting a young person.
Supported lodgings providers should:
- Have great communication skills;
- Offer a safe and friendly environment;
- Be able to relate to young people;
- Be supportive to young people's needs;
- Be open minded and approachable;
- Provide an individual room and use of shared facilities along with a house key;
- Involve the young persons in day-to-day tasks;
- Attend training sessions.
If you would like to discuss a supported lodgings issue, please contact Barnado's:
Barnardos Lincolnshire Leaving Care Service
2 Deacon Road
Phone: 01522 575955