Become A Registered Childminder
Working from your own home, as a self-employed childminder, you can be your own boss and set your own hours and rates. You can be registered for a maximum of six children under the age of eight, including your own children. Often childminders can continue to receive benefits while working.
There is no minimum or maximum age to register, as long as you can show Ofsted, the registering body, you are a suitable and fit person.
Benefits of becoming a childminder in Hammersmith & Fulham:
- free training by the early years service, including introduction to childminding practice, which includes safeguarding children and health and safety
- free advertising of your vacancies to parents looking for childcare on Family Information Directory.
Who do I register with?
All childminders must be registered with Ofsted or a Childminding Agency and will have a health and criminal records check as part of the registration process.
Download and read our childminding information guide which contains all the information you will need to know, including:
- the legal requirements
- the compulsory training you must do
- how and when to apply for Ofsted registration
- how we can support you during and after registration
View the download document for more information.
If you would like to attend the next information session please contact the Family Information Service firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0845 313 3933 to register your interest.