Please download our Spring 2019 Coffee mornings schedule in the 'Downloads' box on the right-hand side of this page.
Part of the voluntary sector Hammersmith and Fulham Mencap, Parentsactive was established in 2001 and caters to parents/carers of disabled children from 0-25 years old.
Parentsactive is a local support and campaign group run by parents of children with disabilities dedicated to improving the quality of life for disabled children and their families. The service is lead by the parent coordinator supported by a committee of 12 parents
- Parentsactive campaigns on issues in Hammersmith & Fulham to improve services and facilities for disabled children
- We run training sessions for parents on carers rights, therapies, behaviour strategies etc
- We hold formal consultations and meetings with relevant professionals and council officers to ensure that parent’s views and gaps in services for disabled children are highlighted.
- We run conferences on SEN
- We ensure that parks and public spaces in Hammersmith & Fulham are accessible for disabled children
- We lead on consultations affecting national changes to Special Education Needs and Disability
- We conduct surveys and publish reports to highlight parents’ concerns and gaps in services
- Parentsactive is now on the list of organisations in Hammersmith & Fulham which have to be consulted on issues pertaining to disability
- Members are part of various committees which influence decisions and services