Family Support Early Years Service works with the private/voluntary and independent nurseries and childminders in the borough, helping them to develop the quality of their nurseries or home based childcare and to meet the needs of all children who use their settings.
When a parent/nursery or childminder is worried about their child's learning or development we can:
- Help to work out and agree what support the child and family need.
- Support a referral to other professionals who can help when necessary.
- Work out a plan to help and encourage the child's learning and development at the nursery or childminders.
- Hold regular reviews of a child’s learning & development plan with the family, nursery, childminder or other professional who may be supporting the child.
- Talk with families about funded early education places (for 2 year olds and 3&4 year old children).
- Support parents and nursery or childminders at times of change for example moving onto school.
More information about