IASS stands for Information Advice and Support Service formerly known as the Parent Partnership Service.
It is a free, independent, impartial and confidential service. We provide information advice and support to parent/carers of children and young people with special needs or disabilities and young people with special needs or disabilites.
Advisors are impartial and will not tell you what to do. We will support you to make your own choices.
Our service can:
- Listen to your views
- Explain how the system works
- Explain what happens before the assessment process begins
- Help parents understand the Education, Health and Social Care planning/assessment process for Special Educational Needs
- Support parents to represent their views at meetings
- Support parents through the annual review process
- Provide advice and support through the Mediation and Tribunal Appeal process