Independent travel training
The indepedent travel training for young people and adults (13+) physical disabilities is run by the Community Access Team.
The Community Access Team are a support service that enables you to access and positively engage in community-based activity and maintain or increase your independence in the community.
Some possible areas for skill development and support include:
- Identifying goals and objectives
- Confidence building
- Accessing further education and employment
- Travel training to use buses, the tube and taxis via our accredited travel training programme
- Support to access, use shops, cafes and restaurants.
Please contact your social worker or SEN keyworker to find out if you can be referred to the training programme.
Community Access Team
For more information, please contact the Community Access team or download the leaflet in the 'Downloads' section on the right-hand side of this page.
- Address: Community Access Team, Imperial Wharf Resource Centre, 185 Townmead Road, London SW6 2JY
- Telephone: 020 7384 6950 (please ask for Jon Cooke or Nia Evans)
For more information on accessible transport, please click here.