This bookable, but free, course is targeted at parents and their children (aged 5 - 11 year). The course will encourage delegates to look at the food they eat and try new ideas and recipes which can be incorporated into an affordable, healthy, balanced family diet. Content may include:-
- Cook a variety of affordable, healthy foods.
- Use the 'Eatwell Plate' to learn about food groups and work towards a balanced diet.
- Follow and adapt child friendly recipes.
- Using metric and imperial measure and conversion tables when shopping and preparing food.
- Increase safety awareness with food preparation, storage and cooking.
- Create a 5 a day meal plan and shopping list, including ideas for healthy breakfasts, lunches and snacks.
Please telephone 03000 418008 or email TMCC@kent.gov.uk to book a place.
Please note: Phone lines are open from 9:00 - 16:00 Monday to Friday.