Due to the current situation with COVID-19, this page will now be used to highlight events and activities that can be done at home during the period of lock down or self-isolation for children and young people.
Hounslow Children's Centres, whilst closed for face to face session, staff are still available to offer information and advice over the phone. They are also offering weekly online activity sessions and suggestions for things you can do at home with your children.
Watermans newsletter delivers a roundup of the week's film choices, signposting to screenings either on TV or via online streaming platforms. To access these and other events, please subscribe to their newsletter: www.watermans.org.uk/join-our-mailing-list
Feltham Arts continue to explore ways to bring together art programming in the digital sphere. They will be sharing podcasts, music, artworks designed by fellow artists, creative workshop ideas and more over the coming weeks on the website www.felthamarts.org, ‘What’s On ‘ page.
Brentford FC Community Sports Trust #BeeatHome campaign encourages children and adults to stay active within their homes. Here are just some of the online activities available for you and your family:
- Online exercise groups for children and young people
- Maths and English challenges in partnership with the Premier League’s Primary Stars initiative
- 30 Seconds Online Challenges
- Online health and fitness for adults
- Exercise for over 60s
- Specialist online activities for children with disabilities.
- Other activities coming soon:
- Running, Walking and Cycling Virtual ChallengesFIFA competitions for young people (with prizes)
For more information, visit www.brentfordfccst.com/beeathome
One You Hounslow have created a page with various ideas for ways to keep fit, healthy and active during the extra time we are all spending at home. Information available on:
- Activities for children and families
- Activities for adults
- Online events
- Activities for disabled people and those with long term health conditions
- Activities for older adults
- NHS UK Fitness Centre
- Activities for pregnant women
COVID-19 related pages: Fun things to do - Websites to help with home schooling - The latest on school closures - Financial support and advice - Health and Well-being - SEND information and advice - Information for Young People