Devonshire Day Nursery
At Devonshire Day Nursery the warm and welcoming environment ensures that your child’s individual needs are prioritised and their interests nurtured.
Children’s days are packed full of activities designed in line with EYFS principles and implemented by our highly trained and knowledgeable staff.
All children have daily access to the garden as we fully recognise the impact that being outdoors has on a child’s social, emotional and physical development. The children enjoy planting vegetables and tasting their produce, served by our dedicated Nursery Chef.
- Named SENCO
- The designated SENCOs for our setting are called Justyna and Fabrizia. Both are available to answer any questions and to discuss your child’s needs. They make sure that the requirements of the current SEND Code of Practice are adhered to. They have completed the 6 sessions Hounslow SENCO Training provided by the Local Authority. Our SENCOs attend regular training and forums to keep up to date with knowledge and current initiatives in SEND.
We have accommodated for and are currently working with children with various needs.
Our team is very experienced in supporting and meeting the needs of children with a range of additional needs including:
- Speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- social communication difficulties (SCD)
- developmental delay (DD)
We have staff trained in the following:
- Makaton (beginning level)
- Supporting children with sensory needs
- Supporting children with attention and listening difficulties
- Use of visual supports
- Bucket Time
- Special Time
- Structured Activity Time
We have staff that are trained in running a range of small group interventions including:
- Playing and Learning to Socialise Programme (PALS)
- Early Communication Skills Groups
Our SENCOs and staff are confident in using a range of screening tools to support with early identification of needs (e.g. Speech and language boxes).
They are trained in writing and implementing individual support plans (ISPs) and confident in making referrals to outside agencies as and when required e.g. Speech and Language Therapy Service.
The setting SENCOs and staff are experienced in working with a range of outside professionals/specialists e.g. Speech and Language Therapists, Medical professionals When needed we undertake training and obtain advice from outside professionals/specialists to meet the needs of children with additional needs accessing our provision.
- Our building is over two floors.
- There is no lift access.
- We have a disabled toilet on the ground floor.
- We have handrails in the toilet area.
- Access to the outdoor area is on the ground floor.
- We have furniture that can be moved
Reasonable adjustments/adaptations will be made, where appropriate, in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act (2010).
We want all children to access the curriculum opportunities off site, including trips. The SENCO will meet with the parents/carers of a child with specific needs to plan how to make adjustments to ensure accessibility. A risk assessment would be written with the parents/carers if required.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 21/04/2015 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Registration details and inspection reports for this provider can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
- Opening Times
Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 7.30am 6.30pm
- Free Places for 2 year olds
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (15 hours)
- Free Places for 3 & 4 year olds (30 hours)
- Tax Free childcare payments
- Childcare voucher payments