From the week commencing 1 June 2020 the Government will be asking primary schools to welcome back children in Nursery, Reception, year 1 and year 6, alongside priority groups. They are also asking day nurseries and other early years providers, including childminders, to begin welcoming back all children.
We are currently working with our day nurseries, playgroups and childminders to see who intends to open from 1 June or thereafter.
If your child/ren were previously attending a childcare provider before COVID 19 and you wish to take up that place again, contact your provider directly to discuss this if they haven’t yet contacted you.
It is possible that some childcare providers:
- Choose not to open at this time
- Cannot open at this time due to premises restrictions
- Have remained opened during lockdown for keyworker children and no longer have the spaces available
- Will have to limit the number they take due to social distancing measures
- Will make changes to their start and finish times or introduce processes for drop-off and collection times.
Read the latest government guidance on the wider reopening for educational settings – Information for Parents and Carers