You can get help paying for childcare as long as your childcare provider is registered*
Support schemes currently available are:
- 15 hours of funded childcare for 2 year olds for children with DLA, if a child is not getting DLA then check here to see if you can access it.
- 15 hours of funded childcare for all 3 and 4 year olds- extra funding available for children with DLA
- 30 hours of funded childcare for eligible 3 and 4 year olds
- Tax free childcare
- Tax credits for childcare
- Universal credit for childcare
- Support while you study
There is extra money and support for nurseries and childminders for children with additional needs to apply see here.
If you are unsure about which option/s to go with towards your childcare costs as some are not available in conjunction with others, you can use the government's Childcare Choices website and Childcare Calculator to find out more and compare which ones you are better off applying for.
*The law requires anyone providing childcare professionally for children under 8 for a period of more than two hours at a time to register with Ofsted.
To see this page in other languages, click ‘Select Language’ at the bottom of this page.