Skip to main content

Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) for 3 and 4 year olds

Early Years Pupil Premium

Is your child 3 or 4 years old?

There may be extra funding to help your childcare provider or school improve your child's education.

Your provider will be able to claim this extra funding if you receive one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
  • Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income not over £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Universal Credits

Or if your child

  • has left care (even after one day)
  • is a foster or adopted child
  • is with you through special guardianship or an arrangement order

If any of these apply, speak to your childcare provider or school. They will ask for your National Insurance Number and date of birth, so they can apply for the extra funding. When Ofsted do an inspection, they will check to see that the extra funding is helping your child to have an even better chance to learn and develop.

For more information, please contact the Early Years and Childcare Service on 020 8583 2664