Hertfordshire Independent Living Service (HILS)
Our services are available 365 days a year. Meals delivered 11:30am - 2pm.
Hertfordshire Independent Living Service (HILS) is a charitable, not-for-profit, social enterprise that delivers meals on wheels and caring support to disabled, elderly, or vulnerable adults throughout Hertfordshire.
The meals service runs 365 days a year, offering main meals and desserts, teas, and breakfast meals. All meals are delivered to individuals in their homes between 11.30am and 2.00pm, and to lunch clubs between 11.30am and 1.30pm 7 days a week.
Along with the meal, our Community Team Members also provide welfare checks which provide reassurance to families and carers as well as our clients. We also undertake a host of projects in partnership with other organisations designed to keep our clients safe and well.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Jubilee Centre
- AL3 5BU
- Get directions
The Jubilee Centre is a community centre in St Albans with rooms to hire seven days a week.
We have a daily drop-in restaurant for older people.
- £4.95 hot meal and dessert
- Food is available between 12.30 and 1.30
- There is no need to book in advance
Rooms for hire
We have a number of rooms to hire for community groups, private events or meetings.
We can also provide:
- tea and coffee
- hot or cold lunch
- parking for one vehicle
- free Wi-Fi
- an on-site caretaker
- a kitchen for your group to use
Find out more at: https://hertsindependentliving.org/jubilee-centre/
£4.95 Per Meal
- Cost details
- £4.95 per day for a hot main and dessert £3.45 per day for a tea meals £2.95 per day for a breakfast meals
- Referral required
- Referral and availability notes
We have very simple eligibility criteria to receive our meals for £4.95 for a hot meal and a dessert. Clients must meet any one of the following:
- they have difficulty preparing a meal safely
- they have a mental or physical disability
- they are unable to do a food shop
- their carer is unwell or on holiday
- they have just come out of the hospital or are recovering from an illness
- they are unable to cook meals for themselves after someone dies
Please visit our website or contact us for further information.
We deliver meals throughout Hertfordshire. Our service provides more than just a meal. We also offer:
- Dementia fun clubs
- Nutrition & Wellbeing service
- Befriending service
- Home from Hospital bags
- Food for groups
- Food & grocery packs
- Pop in visits