Skip to content

When might I need an advocate?

Here are some examples of situations when you might want an advocate to help you speak up:

  • Making a complaint to your council about a service you receive
  • If you feel you have been discriminated against
  • Talking to your doctor about the treatment you receive
  • Talking to your bank about your financial situation

How do I find an advocate?

For more information about independent advocacy services, or for a referral, call Freephone 0800 6446448 or follow the link to Advocacy Services in Gloucestershire.

Your Circle Link:
Advocacy Services in Gloucestershire
Your Circle Link:
What is advocacy?
External Link:
Information Sheet - Advocacy
External Link:
Information Sheet -Advocacy large print
Related Services:
  • Search from the homepage to return information from the whole of Your Circle.

Translate this page


County Council
Shire Hall
Westgate Street
Gloucestershire GL1 2TG

T: 01452 426868
E: yourcircle@