We are an international support network for people with facial disfigurement, their families, friends and professionals.
Common causes of facial disfigurement include automobile accidents, burns, cancer and birth defects. Regardless of why a face is disfigured, the pain and distress caused to the person concerned and the disturbing effects on their family are incalculable.
The aims of our organisation is:
- To offer friendship on a one to one basis
- To link families, friends and professionals
- To assist people with facial disfigurement to share their experiences, struggles and hopes
- To help you build the courage to face life again
- To provide continuing education to medical, nursing, allied health professionals concerning the lifelong needs of people with facial disfigurement.
- Linking people with facial disfigurement, their families, friends and professionals with resources for recovery.