Family Information Service
The Family Information Service offer a wide range of information advice, and signposting to support families, children and young people from 0 - 19 years of age (25 for young people with additional needs). This includes information on finding and choosing childcare, such as local day nurseries, playgroups, childminders, children's centres, out of school clubs and holiday playschemes.
They can also provide information on:
- Family Support
- 2, 3 & 4 year old funding towards childcare
- 30 hours funding for working parents and some foster carers
- Referrals for parenting programmes including Triple P, Solihull, Webster Stratton and You & Me, Mum
- The Key Disability Register
- Tax Credits, Benefits.
Parent/Carers can also download from this page useful resources to support family life, including a Parent's Guide to mobile phone and the internet, being left Home Alone to name just a few.
Enquiries are welcome by phone, e-mail or letter, and a brokerage service is available for more complex enquities that need to be researched further.
The Family Information Service produce a termly newsletter and if you would like to receive a copy by email, please send us your details, or you can view our latest newsletter by clicking on the download to the right of this page.
Gloucestershire Family Information Service has been awarded the Families First Quality Award.
Find the most recent copyas well as back editions of the Families Matter newsletter from the Family Information Service in the Download section below.
If you would like to receive this newsletter via email, please let us know via email@example.com.
All registered users of this website will receive a copy that will be sent directly to them as it is issued in March, July and December.
- Contact Position
- FIS Advisers
- 01452 427362 or 0800 542 0202
- GL1 2TP
- Additional Charges
- All services are free of charge
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Answer Machine available at all other times
- SEN Provision Type
- Who is your service for?
- Local Offer Age Bands
4-11 (Primary School)
11-16 (Secondary School)
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)
18-25 (Young Adults)
0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)
- How accessible is your service?
- Is the building fully wheelchair accessible?
- Is there disabled changing and toilet facilities?
- Describe any training or experience you/your staff, have had or are having in issues around SEND?
- Have any members of you/your team had experience of working with children and young people with the following disabilities/additional needs?
- a) young people with autistic spectrum disorders
- b) young people who use alternative communication methods
- c) young people with learning difficulties/disabilities whose behaviour challenges us
- d) young people with complex physical/medical requirements
SEND Local Offer Form
Rated 0 out of 5
Write your own review
I agree, very helpful