At some point in our lives, many of us due to illness, disability or old age will need some form of help and support with everyday things like getting washed, dressing or cooking a meal. This help and support is often called social care.

Get your care needs assessed

You may need help in your daily life because you're elderly and/or you have an illness or disability.

To help you find the right care and support, visit our Locate website. Locate hosts a range of information and advice including organisations to help you live as independently as you can.

Concerned about someone - report neglect or abuse

There are many situations where a vulnerable adult could be subject to neglect or abuse. If you're worried about someone - you can report it.


Durham County Council's Families Information Service does not promote nor endorse the services advertised on this website. Anyone seeking to use/access such services does so at their own risk and may make all appropriate enquiries about fitness for purpose and suitability to meet their needs.
Powered by Open Objects