Making a Compliment, Comment or Complaint, or Seeking Advice

The Integrated Care System is responsible for providing services to meet the needs of the local population and all services have a responsibility to continually improve the services provided.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers. You can also find officers from PALS in your local hospital.

PALS provides help in many ways, for example, it can help you with health-related questions, help resolve concerns or problems when you're using the NHS and tell you how to get more involved in your own healthcare. PALS can give you information about health services and the NHS complaints procedure, including how to get independent help if you want to make a complaint, as well as support groups outside the NHS. PALS also help to improve the NHS by listening to your concerns and suggestions.

The North of England Commissioning Support Unit (NECS) provide a complaints function on behalf of the CCG. Each individual NHS provider trust has their own internal complaints procedures.

In County Durham this service is provided by Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

How to complain to the NHS


Durham County Council's Families Information Service does not promote nor endorse the services advertised on this website. Anyone seeking to use/access such services does so at their own risk and may make all appropriate enquiries about fitness for purpose and suitability to meet their needs.
Powered by Open Objects