This page provides information on health and care services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs (0-25). This includes information from NHS sources, social care and voluntary agencies.
There will be a range of services that you may need in order to ensure that your child’s health and well-being is supported. This will include all aspects of physical and emotional health. Some will be offered through education, health and social care and others will be voluntary. Social groups may include those mentioned in the Play and Leisure Section.
NOTE: Please download a Child's Physical Health Request for Assessment Form (this document can also be found in the 'Related Documents' section on the right-hand side of this page). This form should be used for all requests for assessments from Community Paediatricians, Therapy Services, Children’s Community Nursing (including Learning disability nursing and continence teams), Audiology, Child Development Services and Specialist Developmental Nursing.
- Children's Health Services
- EHC Needs Assessments and Plans
- Short Breaks
- Welcome to Weston's 'Information Zone' - Health have been talking to children and young people to find out how they can make their experience better when they access their services. On Weston's webpage you will find video clips to help explain what each service offers and what to expect when you meet your health practitioner. You will also find virtual tours of some of the more commonly used premises and treatment rooms.
- Advice and Guidance for Children - Containing advice and support for families and explains what you should do if your child is ill. Providing step-by-step information on what children, young people and their families should experience when accessing health services. Helping families to make choices about the care of their children.
- Cumbria NHS Partnership Trust Policy Helpdesk
- Transition to Adult Care - NHS Ready, Steady, Go!
- What is a Young Carer?
- Schools and Young Carers
- Find My Nearest Doctor, Dentist & Hospital