Skip to main content

Education, Health and Care Plans

  1. Request an Assessment from the Local Authority [WORD 14.7KB]

    You can now download our sample letter to request an assessment.

  2. SEND Citizen Portal

    Secure online resource allowing parents, carers and young people to provide input into Education, Health Care Plans (EHCPs).

  3. Completing Section A - Guide for Parents/Carers

    [PDF 187KB]

  4. Personal Budget

  5. Single Route of Redress - SEND tribunal extended powers

  6. SEND Specialist Teaching Service

You can talk to your:

  • Doctor
  • Health Visitor,
  • Child's teacher or teaching assistant
  • Nursery worker
  • Your local children's centre

All the above will be able to give you advice and guidance.

If you are a young person up to the age of 25 years  and concerned about your own learning needs, you can talk to your:

  • Doctor
  • Education setting or training provider
  • Employer

The SEND IAS service can also provide further help.  Here is a short video put together by The Council for Disabled Children explaining the SEND IAS service and how they can help.

If you wish to discuss your child's needs, or request an EHCP, please contact us via the contact details below:

Allerdale and Copeland 
West Cumbria House, Jubilee Road, Workington, CA14 4HB
Tel: 01946 506211

Barrow and South Lakes
Barrow: 4th Floor, Craven House, Michaelson Road, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 1FD
Kendal: County Offices, Busher Walk, Kendal, LA9 4RQ
Tel: 01229 407403

Carlisle and Eden
Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CA1 1RD
Tel: 01228 226843

Back to top