Skip to main content

Staying safe

Here you will find information, advice and services that can help you stay safe, both within your own home and when our in the community. Such as local neighbourhood watch organisations, advice on fire prevention and much more.

If you are worried about someone you know, you can find details in this section of organisations that can help or give you advice. If you have concerns which require immediate action, phone 999 or contact your local police station.

If your concern does not require urgent action, you can contact the Adult Safeguarding Team:

What is Safeguarding?

Adult Safeguarding is concerned with protecting adults who have care and support needs from abuse or neglect.  It is an important part of what many public services do and a key responsibility of local authorities

The Care Act sets out a clear legal framework for how we, in partnership with other public services, should protect adults at risk - placing Adult Safeguarding on the same statutory footing as Children’s.

Where to find help

If you see, hear or suspect that an adult is at risk of abuse or neglect, or you are an adult at risk, please contact us.  Information can be given in confidence. 

  • Email:
  • Telephone: 0300 123 7034 (Cheshire West Community Access Team) or 01244 977277 (Emergency Duty Team - out of office hours) or contact the police on 101 (non emergency) or 999 (emergency)

For any further information please visit the West Cheshire Local Adults Safeguarding Board:

If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact the Cheshire West Community Access Team on: 0300 123 7034 or via email:

Back to top