I am a fully registered childminder offering a safe, fun and educational enviroment for your child. Im based in Jennetts Park offering care all year round. I have two children of my own aged 2 and 8 so realise the importance of finding someone that suits your needs. I aim to be as flexible as possible offering care from 7am-6pm Monday to Friday. I organise lots of fun activities indoors and outdoors some of which being, leaf and bug hunting in the woodland near my setting, arts and crafts, fun at the park or to the local library. I offer full time, part time,wrap around care as well as school drop offs and collections from Jennetts Park Primary School.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Samantha Harrington
- Contact Position
Where to go
My setting has a large secure garden with lots of fun resources for your child to play with. In the summer we have a water try for the children to do lots of splashing around! Indoors I have a wide range of interesting toys and arts and crafts for your children to use. I take the children to play groups and music groups each week which they really enjoy. Where possible we will also visit the local library.
I offer full time, part time, wrap around, before and after school and holiday care.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.00 Per Hour
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Offers 2 year funded places
- Offers 3 & 4 years (15 hrs) funded places
- Offers 3 & 4 years (30 hrs) funded places
- Range of vacancies
Vacancies Age range Places 1 – 4 Years 1 4 – 8 Years 3 8+ Years 3
- I currently have a Monday - Thursday space available from August/September 19. I also have spaces available to drop off and collect from Jennetts Park and Little Blossoms.
- Date updated
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 07.00 18.00 Tuesday 07.00 18.00 Wednesday 07.00 18.00 Thursday 07.00 18.00 Friday 07.00 18.00
- Offers pickups
- School Pickup
School Pickup School AM PM Jennett's Park
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years (0-4 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
Junior (7-11 years)
I am a fully registered childminder providing a safe, happy and educational enviroment for your child. I have sucessfully completed a childcare course through Bracknell and Wokingham College, paediatric first aid course, food hygiene course and safeguarding. Based in Jennetts Park my setting has a large enclosed garden with lots of fun resources for your child to play with and a large indoors space.
- 1: How does the setting identify children with additional needs or SEND?
Regular observations will be completed to track your child's development. These observations will be recorded in they learning journal, along with their next steps. I will discuss with you before your child starts whether you feel that there are any particular areas where you may feel your child requires extra support.
When a child turns 2 years old a progress check will be completed, this will then be discussed with you and if i feel that your child may need some extra support we can put a plan into place. This progress report should also be passed to your childs health visitor at their 2 year check.
- 2: How will I be informed / consulted about the ways in which my child is being supported?
Your child will have their own learning journal which is filled with observations and photos of what your child has been doing whilst in my care, this can be taken home at the end of each term. Each child up to the age of 3 will also have their own daily diary, which holds information about your child for each day they are at my setting such as what we have been doing, toileting, meals etc. This can be passed between my setting, home and other settings your child may attend. I will always ensure that there are opportunities to discuss your child's progress.
- 3: How will the setting adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child's needs?
I create my plans through your child's interests. Each child will have next steps, something for them to work towards that are achievable to them as an individual. We will celebrate their achievement by allowing them choose a special activity.
- 4: What teaching strategies does the setting use for children with additional needs or learning difficulties?
Although I don't currently have any children in my setting that require additional needs, I am confident in saying that I can provide them if needed. I would ensure that activities are adapted so that everyone can be involved.
- 5: What additional support does the setting provide for children with additional needs or SEND?
I have policies in place which parents are welcome to read, If extra support is required I will ensure that I do my best to accommodate.
- 6: How will the setting monitor my child's progress and how will I be involved in this?
Before your child starts at my setting we will discuss their development. I complete regular observations on your child to track their developement and create next steps. This will highlight if your child needs some extra support in particular areas. If there is an area where your child may require some additional support we can form a plan together, this may include things that you can try at home also, or speak to the relevant professionals if required.
When a child reaches 2 years of age I am required to complete a 2 year progress check. This can then be passed to your child's health visitor at their 2 year check up.
Once a child moves from my setting to full time education I am required to complete a transition report for you to pass onto your childs teacher.
- 7: How do you ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips?
Risk assements are completed beforehand to identify any dangers. For a trip further afield a parent or carer are welcome to come on the trip also.
- 8: How accessible is the building for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users?
My house is wheelchair accessible with wide doors and a large entrance hall. There is however a step down into the garden.
- 9: How will you support my child's transition to a new setting or school?
I will whilst your child is in my care get them 'school ready' this can be them putting their own shoes and coat on or toileting, holding a pencil etc. Once a child moves from my setting to full time education I am required to complete a transition report for you to pass onto your childs teacher, along with their learning journal.
- 10: How does the setting assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation?
I will reguarly complete my SEN, this will help my own development and improve my business. Parents will be asked at the end of each term to complete a questionnaire.
- 11: Who should I contact if I am considering registering for a place at the setting?
Myself, Samantha Harrington
- 12: What arrangements does the setting have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints?
I have the Ofsted parents poster on display and also a compliments and complaints policy. As mentioned before I ask parents at the end of each term to complete a questionnaire.
Last updated: 17/06/2019