About the Local Offer
What is the Local Offer?
From September 2014 local authorities have been required to publish information online about services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) aged 0-25. This is the SEN Local Offer.
The outcome of a major government review into the 2014 SEND reforms is due to be reported on in the summer of 2021. Bracknell Forest’s SEND policies and service provisions will be reviewed and updated in line with these outcomes.
The Local Offer provides accurate and easy to understand information for parents, carers and young people about available services and how they can access them.
The Local Offer puts all the information in one place, regarding health care, social services, education, leisure activities and support groups available in the area. It also explains the additional or different provision provided for children and young people who have SEND.
Who is the SEN Local Offer for?
The Local Offer will enable parents, carers, children, young people and practitioners/professionals to see clearly which service(s) and support across education, health and social care, are available locally.
What must the SEN Local Offer include?
The Local Offer must include information about the services available in Bracknell Forest including:
- education, health care and Social services provision
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEND
- how services are accessed (including eligibility criteria) and how decisions are made
- arrangements for supporting children and young people in their school as well as moving between school phases
- services to support young people in preparing for adulthood and independence
- arrangements for disagreement resolution, complaints, mediation and appealing to the SEND Tribunal
- information for feedback and review of the Local Offer
What you need to know about the local offer
What you need to know about the SEND reforms
Let us know what you think
We want your comments, tell us what you think about the local offer and services you get from us and others.
You can email us, firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us make the local offer better!
The local offer is constantly being updated and we welcome any suggestions to improve our service. Get involved by joining one of our parent or young person forums. For more information please email email@example.com
List a service or activity
If you provide a service appropriate for families and would like to publicise it here, please use the 'Register' link above or contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.