Requesting a Statutory Education, Health and Care Assessment
A parent/carer, a young person in their own right, or any professionals working with a child, young person or family can make a referral for an EHC statutory assessment; however it is usually expected that the following will apply:
- The child or young person has severe and/or complex long term needs that affect everyday life and functioning
- The child/young person requires provision and resources that are not normally available
- Intensive help and support is required from more than one agency
- There is evidence of a graduated response from the school or setting and other agencies involved in supporting the child/young person
- Despite high levels of support the child/young person is making limited or no progress
Please click on the links to see how your child's school/setting can meet special educational needs and to find out how to request an EHC statutory assessment.